It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love. Voltaire
|nar·cis·sism http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf (närs-szm) also nar·cism (-szm)
1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one’s own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
4. The attribute of the human psyche charactized by admiration of oneself but within normal limits.
[oh-nuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA
- Voltaire: My “Fashion Icon?” (manbehindthecurtain.ie)